Shippenville, PA (Mar 2nd, 2023) – In collaboration with area tracks, Western PA Speedweek competitors are required to have Hoosier tires on all four corners of the car. Drivers will be permitted to run the 2022 season Hoosier rear tires H12, H15, and medium tires as well as this year’s new Hoosier rear tires D12A, D15A, and medium tires. Western PA Speedweek officials have deemed this necessary given the timing of the new season’s tire announcement coupled with the potential for weather to affect a significant portion of the early-season “burn-off” period being allowed at local tracks.
Other stated rules include the following:
- All racecars must weigh a minimum of 1425 pounds with a driver fully prepared to compete in the car through an entire event.
- A standard maximum size of 25 sq. feet.
- Both the top wing and nose wing can contain a maximum 2″ wicker bill located at the rear edge of the center foil.
- Dished wings are NOT permitted. The center foil top is to be flat from front to back and side to side.
- Hoosier tires required on all four corners.
- 2022 permitted rear tires (H12, H15, and medium) plus the new 2023 rear tires (D12A, D15A, and medium)
- Drivers must comply with each individual track’s required minimum safety designations. Please consult with the various speedways for any questions pertaining to safety requirements for that event.
Western PA Speedweek is brought to you by Schaeffer’s Specialized Lubricants together with J.S. Bova Excavating along with the support of Bill McCandless Ford, Bowl-O-Drome Family Bowling Center, Classic Ink USA, Kistler Racing Products, The Knox Bakery, Lockhart Raceway, McClung Auto Body, Mobile Bail Bonds, Rustler Sales and Service, Superior Interiors Dustless Hardwood Refinishing, Rod Squad Fishing Charters, Hoosier Tire, The Dirt Network, and The A-Main Podcast.
Leave a Reply